AFMG Software Newsletter
- Issue 5, June 2009 (Infocomm Special)
Welcome to a new issue of the AFMG Software Newsletter. With this newsletter we like to inform you about new products, software updates and interesting downloads related to our software. This newsletter also provides information about upcoming classes and AFMG appearances at conventions and trade shows.
You have been subscribed to the newsletter because you expressed interest in AFMG's products in the past. To change your profile or to unsubscribe just click on the link to the left.
Please contact us if you have any questions. Feel free to reply directly to this email or send your comments to support[AT]afmg.eu.
the Team at AFMG.
AFMG Seminars at Infocomm
At this year’s InfoComm in Orlando, FL, Stefan Feistel of the Ahnert Feistel Media Group (AFMG) will deliver two seminars on the company’s latest software updates.
The new release of SysTune (Version 1.1) will be discussed on Thursday June 18th at 4:00 pm in the Renkus-Heinz Demo Room W205C, and a seminar on speech intelligibility prediction using the new version of EASE, Version 4.3, will be presented on Friday June 19 from 8:00-10:00 am in Meeting Room W102A.
The SysTune seminar is free and open for all to attend; for the EASE seminar please visit www.InfoCommShow.org in the Education section and register under the Manufacturers’ Seminars.
AFMG and DSPECIALISTS introduce Gateway x.8
Ahnert Feistel Media Group (AFMG) will launch its new A/D-D/A converter, the 8-input EASERA Gateway x.8, at Infocomm on June 17-19 in Orlando, Florida, with its worldwide distributor Renkus-Heinz (Booth 6608).
The x.8 is the product of a collaboration between AFMG and German hardware designers DSPECIALISTS, and is designed to complement AFMG’s EASERA and SysTune audio measurement software tools to provide sound system engineers with a complete PA system tuning package.
General information about AFMG's measurement software can be found here:
AFMG Class Schedule Update
AFMG is glad to announce the following new classes:
3-Day EASE class, July 28 - 30, hosted and supported by Fohhn Audio AG, Stuttgart area, Germany
3-Day EASE class tentatively scheduled for August, hosted and supported by Atempo, Istanbul, Turkey. Please contact info[AT]ada-acousticdesign.de if you are interested.
EASE & EASE JR Level 1 Training Seminar, August 17 - 19 hosted and supported by Renkus-Heinz, California, USA.
EASE SpeakerLab class tentatively scheduled for late July or early August, in Berlin, Germany. Please contact info[AT]afmg.eu if you are interested.
For fall 2009 a series of SysTune seminars is planned for locations in the US, Europe and German-speaking countries. There will also be EASERA classes in the US and in Germany.
For our simulation software packages, the following new data files are now available or have been updated:
- Community: R-Series Update, 2 new VFL-Subs
- d&b audiotechnik: Data for T, J and Q series line arrays
- Meyer Sound: Various new GLL data files, e.g. for M'elodie, MILO and UPJ
- One Systems: Entirely new database
- Pan Acoustics: DLL for PanBeam series
- QSC: Various new GLL data files, for ADC and ADS series
- Tannoy: Various new GLL data files, for CMS and CVS series
- TOA: Various new GLL data files for SR-H, SR-C and SR-T line arrays
- RCF: TTL line array systems
- Bosch: New GLL data files for 42 loudspeakers for EASE 4.3 and EASE Address 1.1, including transformer options
Where to meet us
Infocomm, Orlando, FL, USA (14 - 19 June 2009)
- S. Feistel - New Measurement Functions in SysTune v1.1, Thu 18th, 4:00 PM, Renkus-Heinz Demo Room W205C
- S. Feistel - Speech Intelligibility Prediction with EASE 4.3, Fri 19th, 8:00 - 10:00 AM, Meeting Room W102A
- Renkus-Heinz - Worldwide Distributor for EASE, EASERA and EASERA SysTune: Booth 6608 and Demo Room W205C
- Electro-Voice - Distributor for EASE and EASERA SysTune: Booth 6100
Bob Coffeen - System Design Using EASE 4.3 - Level 1, Sun 14th - Mon 15th of June, 8 AM - 5 PM, at Infocomm, Room W312A
Bruce Olson - Import and Export of SketchUp and DXF Drawings in EASE 4.3 – Level II, Tue 16th of June, 12:30 PM - 04:30 PM, at Infocomm, Room W312A
Bruce Olson - Measurement of Rooms and Systems Using EASERA 1.1, Tue 16th of June, 8 AM - 12 PM, at Infocomm, Room W312A
ADA - 3-Day EASE seminar, July 28 - 30, Stuttgart area, Germany
Renkus-Heinz - EASE 4.3 & EASE JR 4.3 Level 1 Training Seminar, Aug 17 - 19, Foothill Ranch, California, USA
Loudspeaker Data in EASE, EASE Focus, EASE SpeakerLab and EASE Address
We often receive questions about how to generate loudspeaker data for EASE or EASE Focus. Please see the following links for more details on this and DLL / GLL data formats as well: