EASE Focus Upgrade History
EASE Focus v3.1.230
- Small bug fixes
- Minor improvements for FIRmaker and FIRmaker 3D functionality .
EASE Focus v3.1.220
New features and improvements:
- Export sound system:
- The sound system configuration can be exported to a text file in XLD format.
- The data includes name, type, location, aiming angle, delay and filter curve for each sound source.
- XLD files can be imported into EASE as well as 3rd party software such as the SPAT software for spatial audio applications by FLUX::SE.
- Transferring FIR Filters
- Full support for transfer of FIRmaker result filters to Lake Controller v8 via DSP Communication API.
- Saving configuration files:
- Configuration files (XGLC) now use 1/24th octave filters instead of linearly spaced FIR filters. This results in significantly smaller file sizes especially for FIRmaker and FIRmaker 3D results.
- Minor improvements for FIRmaker and FIRmaker 3D functionality
- Fixed minor translation issues.
EASE Focus v3.1.190
- Small improvements for FIRmaker and FIR export via the DSP Communication API
EASE Focus v3.1.180
- Bug fix for Apple computers with M1 processor
EASE Focus v3.1.170
- Simplified authorization for FIRmaker 3D
- Bug fix for Change System Definition
EASE Focus v3.1.160
EASE Focus v3.1.14
- Supports GLL Plug-In API v1.2.1:
The entire mechanical configuration of a line array can now be set via the GLL Plug-In API. For details please see the updated SDK v1.2.1.
- Bug fixes for weight display:
- Corrected conversion factor to lbs.
- Weight updated after switching box types.
- Further bug fixes:
- Line array presets correctly set box filters.
- Changing the input configuration always resets filter settings properly.
- Various issues fixed related to Copy/Paste Setup for line arrays.
- Filters set by a GLL plug-in are now saved correctly to an XGLC configuration file.
EASE Focus v3.1.12
Supports GLL Plug-In API v1.1.0:
Geometry data and grouping information for the audience zones and audience areas of the project of EASE Focus 3 can now be retrieved via the GLL Plug-In API. For details please see the updated SDK v1.1.0.
EASE Focus v3.1.11
Bug fix for setting splay angles of line array elements via GLL Plug-In API. For specific GLL configurations, angles have been mixed up.
EASE Focus v3.1.10
Bug fix for GLL Plug-In API: Position and orientation of line arrays or loudspeakers can now be set properly.
EASE Focus v3.1.9
- Supports GLL Plug-In API v1.0.2:
Line array splay angles can now be set using the API. For details please see the updated SDK v1.0.2.
- Bug fix: Minimum box counts as defined by GLL correctly supported.
- Several minor bug fixes.
EASE Focus v3.1.7
- New menu command “Transfer FIR Filters” in File menu allows sending FIR coefficients to supporting DSP control software.
- Bug fix: After copying a line array setup the gain drop-down boxes of the target array do not affect the mapping anymore.
- Several bug fixes for saving configuration (XGLC) files of sound sources.
- Bug fix for Output Channel module of GLL Plug-In API, only affects GLLs with plug-ins.
- Bug fix for AFMG Database Service for rare access right issues.
EASE Focus v3.1.5
- Bug fix for error after selecting a saved window layout and restarting the software.
- Saved window layouts, which in the past would have been migrated to new program versions, will be discarded by this update.
- Companies distributing EASE Focus with their own customized default configuration need to update the *.config file.
- Bug fix for layout problems with GLL plug-ins in high DPI applications.
EASE Focus v3.1.3
- Bug fix for splay angles shown in print report.
- Several small bug fixes throughout the program.
EASE Focus v3.1.1
- New GLL Plug-In API implemented. SDK now available for third parties.
- Secondary Properties window added for Sound Sources with a GLL Plug-In.
- Improved display of sound sources status messages and project status information.
- Print report now shows sound source status messages.
- Numerous bug fixes throughout the program.
- Several bug fixes for FIRmaker GUI windows, calculation performance, and memory management.
EASE Focus v3.0.18
Various smaller and larger bug fixes such as…
- Flickering bug in Top View mapping resolved.
- Side View zoom improved for line arrays.
- Fixed bug when loading projects with specific DLL/GLL system definitions.
- Paste Setup now copies general Filter settings correctly.
- Several cosmetic issues resolved related to Spanish and other language translations.
EASE Focus v3.0.15
New Version Release
- "Complex Summation" allows coherent summation between different sound sources, taking delay and phase into account.
- A cut-off frequency can be set by the user. Frequencies above this are summed using power summation.
- Gain, delay, and polarity have been added as parameters to single loudspeakers.
- Modeling of subwoofer arrays becomes possible due to "Complex Summation". Any combination of subs can be entered manually.
- Loudspeakers unlocked by the manufacturer can be added as pre-configured subwoofer arrays.
Version 3.0 supports linear arrays only.
- Polar coordinate entry for audience areas and zones relative to a reference point.
- Performance improvements & results caching for use of up to 40 sound sources.
- "Move active sound sources" allows manipulation of multiple sound sources at once.
- Stacking loudspeakers, sound sources "drop" into position according to their physical dimensions.
- Snap to mounting height, line arrays can be aligned with the upper and lower height limits of a venue by hotkey.
- Extended copy & paste features for line arrays.
- Gain grouping for line arrays where multiple cabinets are driven by a single amplifier.
- Overlap regions highlight splay angles in the line array properties and in the side- and levels views.
- Synchronized view limits for side view and levels view.
- Database for handling of GLL files provides better functionality when working with larger numbers of system definitions.
- FIRmaker target curve allows optimization to match the frequency response at a given receiver position.