The EARS module is a post-processing tool that adds the ability to perform auralizations of a room, allowing you to hear how it will sound with the best approximation available in the market. The module uses responses computed either with EASE® Standard or EASE Standard including the AURA module.
EARS gives you the possibility to generate a binaural transfer function based on the human head and the impulse response you have calculated for your room. You can then listen to music or any other stereo sound file or you could even use a microphone and produce your own signals live and with unlimited length. If you calculate several responses, you could even change your position in the room and compare different seats for example.
EARS is helpful:
- To obtain a good impression of the room’s acoustic signature.
- When one is not only interested in evaluating the room acoustics objectively - through the investigation of acoustic parameters - but also subjectively - by critically listening to the room’s acoustical behavior.
- In presentations to clients, to reinforce the acoustical problems of the room and potential solutions for them.
Both EASE Standard and EASE JR have an auralization feature already built-in, however they are limited to direct sound in EASE JR and full length results based on the added “statistical tail” in EASE Standard.
Although the EARS module can be used with the EASE Standard version, AFMG typically recommends using EARS along with EASE Standard including the AURA module, so more accurate, complete room impulse responses can be obtained in a considerably faster way.
- Expands EASE by the functionality of monaural and binaural auralization (in stereo) under consideration of the human head transfer function
- Auralization in realtime for audio samples of unlimited length as well as for live audio using suitable hardware
- Offline calculation of auralizations for export and unlimited replay on other hardware
- Possibility to mix different sources for auralization e.g. to simulate effects of masking noises
- Generate different noise signals for these purposes
- Stereo convolver for binaural auralization of stereo PA setups and the like
- Version Comparison
Feature / Version EASE JR EASE Standard AURA Module* EARS Module* InfraRed Module** Extensive databases
Loudspeaker and Wall Material
Complete set of modeling tools Vision
Architectural Rendering Module
Import and Export
DXF and SKP drawing files
Eyring and Sabine
Based on Eyring or Sabine Reverberation Times:
Direct SPL, %AlCons, STI, RaSTI, Pressure Level, Clarity Ratios, Total SPL, D/R Ratio, Critical Distance, Arrival Times, Loudspeaker Overlap, ITD (Initial Time Delay) Gap, Loudspeaker Aiming
Open GL Viewer
Direct Sound Auralization Speaker Base, SpeakerLab and Material Base
Entry and creation of Loudspeaker and Wall Material data
Ray Tracing capatibilities Ray Tracing Movie module Mapping on Room Surfaces Local Ray Tracing Ray Tracing Impacts
Local reflections study
Local Decay Times
Quick check RT at various spots in the room to verify Accuracy with Eyring and Sabine provided RT times
Mapping with Reflections Acoustical Probe
Measurement microphone simulation:
Reflectograms (EFC/ETC displays), Waterfall displays, Pulse Directionality (hedgehog) displays, Schroeder Reverberation Times, Modular Transfer Function, STI Intelligibility Projections, Impulse Response files
Ray Tracing routine
Feature / Version EASE JR EASE Standard AURA Module* EARS Module* InfraRed Module** Hybrid Ray Tracing routines
Best approach for high quality calculations at reduced Time
Full multi-threading support
For high speed calculations of impulse responses
AURA Mapping and AURA Response can use all RAM available on 64-bit computers
Calculations according to ISO 3382:
Early Decay Time (EDT), Reverberation Time (T10, T20, T30), Lateral Fraction (LF) & Lateral Fraction Coefficient (EFC), Clarity (C80), Definition (C50), Sound Strength, Center Time, Echo Criteria for Speech & Music, STI & Articulation Loss
LF and LFC
Lateral Fraction and Lateral Fraction Coefficient
Echograms and Histograms
For detailed investigation of impulse responses
Consideration of Scattering coefficients
Response files in Ambisonics B-Format Auralization
Full Off-line and Real Time
Different noise signal generation Mix diverse sources for auralization
E.g. to simulate effects of masking noises
Binaural Auralization Infrared transmitter/modulator database S/N investigation Cable length effect
* Can be combined only with EASE Standard. ** Can be combined with EASE JR and EASE Standard.
Module for EASE Standard, 1 User Key
The End User License Agreement for EASE 4 (dated March 12, 2018) applies.