EASE Upgrade History
Various bug fixes for configuring GLL line arrays:
- Available box counts now always work and are not rejected.
- Available box counts now correctly consider GLL minimum and maximum limits as well as available connections between box types.
- All array configurations are now accessible, also when the connection logic is complicated.
- Splay angles are correctly updated after a box type change.
- Frames without valid configuration cannot be accessed anymore.
- Default configurations improved and made more consistent
- Software update for STI calculations according to IEC 60268-16 edition 5.0 (2020).
- Improved mouse modes in Room Mapping (Eyes) module: Pick, Peek, Drag, Center, and Turn are now more consistent.
- AURA 4 Mapping: Fix for rare bug when using 64-bit, multi-threading and SPK-based loudspeakers
- Improved estimate of the reverberant field level for Standard Mapping calculations
This version contains major improvements for the AURA module. The new version AURA 4 is a paid upgrade and includes the following features:
- RAM limit lifted for AURA mappings: AURA 4 will use all of the available RAM.
- Faster AURA calculations: Simulation runs will be on average 2-3 times faster.
- RAM limit lifted for AURA auralization results: Binaural impulse responses (BIR) and B-format result files can now be computed using all of the physically available RAM.
- More flexible selection of result file formats: Detailed response files (RSP) can be computed separately from auralization results.
- New S-curve for default scattering: The newly introduced setting has 10% scattering below 500 Hz and 40% above 2 kHz providing for more realistic results when no scattering coefficient data is available.
- Easy selection of loudspeaker groups for recombination.
Note: RAM and performance improvements only apply to 64-bit Windows operating systems.
- Support for complex 1/24th octave filters - for GLL-based loudspeakers, line arrays and clusters
- Minor bug fixes
- EASE Guard license management improved with respect to downloading licenses.
- Installer improved with respect to configuring access rights for EASE working folders.
- Improved program-only installer:
- This small-size installer can be used without having performed a full install at some point beforehand.
- The very large database of speaker models can be downloaded separately and selectively.
- Major revision of Database Updater:
- Abort and resume functions added.
- Estimate for download time is provided.
- Several bug fixes.
- Cleaning Wizard - new advanced functions:
- Correct access rights for EASE folders.
- Delete EASE settings from the Windows Virtual Store.
- Import and Export of DXF and SKP files:
- Input signal type after importing models is now standard pink noise.
- Various small bug fixes.
- Bug fix for SPL calculations using narrow-band loudspeakers with narrow-band filters.
- Line array case drawings are now correctly exported to AutoDesk DXF and Trimble Sketchup files.
- Updated End User License Agreement (dated March 12, 2018).
- Minor bug fixes.
- Bug fix for coat faces in room editor.
- Minor improvements for EASE Guard online licensing functions.
- Several important bug fixes.
- EASE Cleaning Wizard is now available in the Start menu.
- The type of calculation is now displayed along with mapping results in the main window via the mapping parameters and in the distribution graph.
- Various minor bug fixes.
- EASE Cleaning Wizard can now be found in EASE Tools subfolder.
- Project files, database files, as well as result files can now include points in the file name.
- Standardized communication interface for loudspeaker DLL+GLL files used in EASE and EASE Focus.
- Room Editor: Significant performance enhancements when editing projects with many loudspeakers.
- Several minor bug fixes.
- Improvements to EASE's handling of network drives in company networks.
- Probe: New Share functions for sharing 3D angles of Hedgehog display.
- Probe: New Share function for sharing the selected pulse.
- Room Editor: Better selection of box types for line array GLLs.
- Room Editor: Performance improvements.
- Mapping: Performance improvements.
- Various bugfixes in several modules.
- Improvements to EASE Database Updater*
- Fixed several bugs in statistics calculations in Room Mapping and Area Mapping
- Minor bugfixes in DXF/SKP Data Exchange
*Program versions before EASE v4.4.8 will not be able to access the Database Update anymore. When trying to run the Database Updater users of these program versions will be notified that they should upgrade their EASE installation. (The update to EASE 4.4.8 is free of charge for all EASE 4 users.)
Fixed error in status report generation.
This update is a major update.
- Expanded import/export compatibility with Trimble SketchUp, Autodesk AutoCAD and other, DXF-compatible CAD programs
- STI calculations are now performed according to IEC 60268-16:2011
- Various improvements to evaluation of mappings, standard deviation display added
- Computations of large projects are performed approximately twice as fast
- Output of locally calculated impulse responses in Ambisonics B-format
- Complete revision of IR radiator database,
- New IR Receiver database program
- 3.3 and 3.8 MHz broadband channels added
- Numerous minor improvements and bugfixes
This update is a minor update.