AURA 4 Module
Developed in cooperation with the renowned Institute for Technical Acoustics at RWTH Aachen University, the AURA Module incorporates the power of modern acoustic simulation algorithms with EASE®, increasing its potential and efficiency. The AURA name is an acronym for Analysis Utility for Room Acoustics.
The AURA module adds the following main resources to EASE:
- AURA Mapping: allows mappings according to ISO3382 over Audience Areas, surfaces or at Listener Seats through the computation of an echogram.
- AURA Response: caculates a detailed reflectogram that can be used for reflection analysis and from which a Binaural Impulse response or set of B-Format result files can be computed for auralizations.
- Diffuse reflections according to the scattering coefficients defined in wall materials are taken into account. This leads to a denser and more realistic reflectogram.
- AURA supports multi-threading on 32- and 64-bit computers with several processor cores, speeding up computations significantly. On 64-bit machines AURA can use all RAM available. Users are free to configure their calculation machine according to their project needs and budget.
EASE Standard including the AURA module offers the highest quality of calculations, and is the most flexible simulation solution. AURA is composed of a hybrid ray tracing engine, which uses both: the deterministic image model (cone tracing) and the stochastic ray tracing method. This combination provides the methods needed to perform acoustical simulations for several different types of venues.
In addition to the benefits of the previous versions, EASE Standard including the AURA module is helpful:
- When your daily work might involve design-projects for venues of different types and shapes.
- When you are interested in computing acoustic parameters according to the ISO 3382 standard.
- For more direct comparisons with measurements on site.
- When a large number of sound sources and surfaces are expected in the project.
- To obtain very detailed information on the acoustical behavior of a room even if it has a complex 3D shape, a large volume, non-homogeneous distribution of materials, or if a long reverberation time is expected.
- For precise prediction of STI and other parameters based on reverberation time in such projects AURA is highly recommended.
- For more realistic simulation of reflections by considering the surface scattering coefficients.
- To obtain more accurate full room impulse responses for later auralization of the room using the EARS module.
Typical room/venue examples are:
Concert halls, stadiums, train stations, airports, cathedrals - In addition to the examples for EASE JR and EASE Standard.
Due to the computation of full and high-density impulse responses and the consideration of scattering effects, the binaural data generated with AURA is generally more suitable for auralizations with the EARS Module, producing more realistic acoustic impressions!
Discover also our flagship software for the simulation of scattering coefficients of complex structures: AFMG Reflex. The tool is completely compatible with EASE and its results can be instantly exported to an EASE Wall Material file.
- Detailed investigation of reverberation implementing expanded ray tracing algorithms under consideration of scattering effects on structured surfaces (developed in cooperation with the Institute for Technical Acoustics at RWTH Aachen, Germany)
- 64-bit engine: AURA Mapping and AURA Response can use all RAM available on 64-bit compute
- Calculation of all acoustical parameters according to DIN EN ISO 3382-2:
- Reverberation time RT, T10, T20, T30,
- Early decay time EDT,
- Clarity C50, C80,
- Definition D,
- Center time,
- Sound strength,
- Intelligibility STI und AlConsaccording to IEC 60268-16:2003 with greatly increased accuracy
- Direct and total SPL etc.
- Lateral Fraction LF and Lateral Fraction
- Coefficient LFC Echograms and histograms for detailed investigation of impulse responses
- Significant reduction of processing time by consistant application of multi-threading technologie, up to 128 cores, depending on hardware availability
- Increased realistic auralisation by simulating full-length impulse responses rather than adding a statistic tail (in combination with EARS)
- Scattering wizard for a realistic assumption of diffusion coefficients as a basis for calculation
- Version Comparison
AURA 4 Module
AURA 4 Module
Module for EASE Standard, 1 User Key
The End User License Agreement for EASE 4 applies.